HF Vertical. Introduction. Many hams can put up the big tower system and put a 5-element Horizontally polarized antennas such as inverted vees, horizontal dipoles and longwires can give good DX This page contains a number of articles about single-band and multi-band HF vertical antennas.
- The HFpack HF Portable Antenna Shootouts compare a variety of HF antennas for maximum gain and performance in the typical HF Portable Antenna environment, applicable to QRP and QRO power levels. The HFpack Antenna Shootouts have become a standard benchmark for HF portable and QRP operators.
- MFJ MFJ-1795 PORTABLE HF VERTICAL ANTENNA, 10/15/20/40M, 1500 W This antenna is PERFECT for permanent or portable operation in antenna restricted areas. You can hide the MFJ-1795 behind trees, fences, buildings, and in bushes! The antenna is only 2 to 3 m tall (adjustable). The MFJ-1795 has a low angle of radiation for DXing and is omni ...
- The antenna can be ground mounted or attached to an insulated pole, which will further improve the HF performance (as shown later). The graph below shows the measured VSWR of a 6.5m vertical wire antenna (supported on a 10m fishing pole) fed against 10 buried radials, and terminated with differing values of resistive loads.
Model # Band Stacked Element Phasing/ Wavelength Watts (PEP) Connector Type Weight Lbs. Length Foot Wind MPH; CP62: 6m: 2-5/8 Wave : 500W SSB, 200W FM : UHF : 22' 80: CP610
- Ham Radio Antenna - HF Portable With The Alpha Vertical Antenna. Click THIS LINK to see some GREAT Portable Work With The Alpha Vertical Antenna!! clip-share.net/video/FZCGNy_3KSs/video.html This video is about taking the Alpha Vertical Antenna out...
Chameleon CHA MIL - Portable HF Folding Whip Antenna- 28 thru 54 MHz Portable HF Antenna 28-54 MHz The CHA MIL whip is a broadband monopole antenna designed for portable or manpack radios requiring compact but rugged antenna systems. If used in a stand-alone setup the antenna will cover 28-54 MHz with an external antenna tuner.
- The product can deliver both multiband and monoband performance and even lower SWR. Many brands offer these HF Antennas. Let us check the best five available in the market. 1. Comet Original Vertical HF Antenna. The vertical Antenna is of multiple bands and ideal for 6 meters through 80meters HF. It requires no radials, no tunings or adjustments.
Homebrew Hf Antennas
- Lots of radio amateurs build their own verticals. Most of them tend to stick to vertical antennas with a 1/4 or 1/2 wave sizing. Just a happy few build a 5/8 wave vertical antenna. This is remarkable, since the 5/8 has the lowest angle of radiation and has about 1dB more gain (compared to 1/4 and 1/2 verticals).
Jul 11, 2013 · There are times, however, where a shortened vertical for the lower HF bands (such as 80/75 meters) is necessary where horizontal space is lacking. In one of my recent posts, I described an inverted "L" antenna I built for 80 meters--a band I find difficult to use because of my restricted space.
HDX Series - Compact Auto-Tuned Masthead HF Dipole Antenna Systems . HDX-400 Horizontal Active Tuned Dipole HF Antenna system with Rx Pre-Amp . HDX-6K Horizontal Masthead Dipole HF Antenna Kit - 6M . HDX-8K Horizontal Masthead Dipole HF Antenna Kit - 8M . TX-9200 Tuned Active Auto-tuner with Rx Pre-Amplifier - 200W, 1.8~30Mhz